Accueil forums   Liste des membres   Recherche   Profil   Connexion   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   S'enregistrer
Connecté en tant que Connexion
La date/heure actuelle est 06/12/2016 22:45:29
Afficher les nouveaux messages depuis la dernière visite
Marquer toutes les discussions comme lues
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
ars: El Presidente. Just the thought El P

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'ENTRAIDE POUR LES ETUDIANTS EN FAC DE DROIT Index du Forum -> FAC DE DROIT -> tableau d'affichage
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
yuguhun
Membre
<b><font color=blue>Mem</font>bre</b>

MessagePosté le: 22/08/2016 07:32:19    Sujet du message: ars: El Presidente. Just the thought El P Répondre en citant

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- On the verge of the biggest moment of his career, Dave Van Horne found himself in an unusual position. "Im almost at a loss for words over the experience," the longtime voice of the Montreal Expos said Saturday before accepting the Ford C. Frick Award for excellence in baseball broadcasting and taking his spot in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Signature baritone intact, he managed to get through a gracious acceptance speech on a gorgeous evening at Doubleday Field. That should come as no surprise to those that heard him call Expos games for 32 years, from the teams inaugural game in April 1969 until 2000. He continues to be employed by the Florida Marlins and is in his 11th season working their broadcasts. One constant that has followed Van Horne through all of those years is what he describes as the "magic of baseball" -- the unknown aspect that comes with the start of each new game. Hes witnessed a number of signature moments but none of them is more memorable than the perfect game by Expos pitcher Dennis Martinez on July 28, 1991, which Van Horne punctuated with the call: "El Presidente, El Perfecto!" It was a line he came up with just before the game went to the bottom of the ninth inning. "I sat there during the commercial break and ... I just thought, What am I going to do? What am I going to say?" recalled Van Horne. "His nickname was ringing in my ears: El Presidente. Just the thought El Perfecto came to mind. I remember the moment because when the ball was caught in centre field and I said El President, El Perfecto! (analyst) Ken Singleton and I both did the same thing -- we took our headset mics off, put them down and just sat back. "We let the director and the pictures and everything do the rest." Van Hornes first major-league job came when the Expos hired him a few weeks before their first season. It was a sometimes difficult ride -- he left for Florida after calling games in 2000 that were only available on the Internet -- but has many fond memories of the franchise. The teams heydey came in the early part of the 1980s. "In 79, it all came together," said Van Horne. "For the next four or five years, there were over two million fans a year at Olympic Stadium. I think its a forgotten fact in baseball -- people remember the empty cavernous Olympic Stadium with 4,000 or 5,000 people there but they forget about the great days of the Expos. "It was a great time for Montreal, it was a great time for Canada in baseball." Also Saturday, Bill Conlin accepted the J.G. Taylor Spinks Award for meritous contributions to baseball writing while longtime executive Roland Hermond took took home the Buck ONeil Lifetime Achievement Award. The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed non-import fullback Tim St. Pierre. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed. St. Pierre, who had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 15, played 14 regular-season games for the Stamps in 2013, seeing action on both special teams and as a blocker at fullback. He recorded eight special-teams tackles and scored his first CFL touchdown on July 20 at home against Montreal. He also played in the Western Final. "Tim is a hard-working player who has been a great asset to us on special teams since joining us three years ago and who has done a great job of making the transition to fullback," said head coach and general manager John Hufnagel. "He is a consummate professional and I am pleased that he chosen to continue his career in Calgary."t; St.ddddddddddddPierre first joined the Red and White in 2011 and converted to the offensive side of the ball after spending three seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos as a linebacker, long-snapper and special teams standout. He was Edmontons nominee for the Special Teams Player of the Year award in 2010. In six CFL seasons, he has registered 51 special-teams tackles, 14 defensive tackles and two catches for 14 yards and a touchdown. "Re-signing was a pretty easy decision, especially since everyone seems to be on the same page and so many players have already signed contracts to come back," said St. Pierre, a 27-year-old native of Hamilton, Ont. "This is a good group of guys and Im looking forward to another season. This is year seven for me but Im just as excited as I was for year one." ' ' ' Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping
NFL jerseys cheap
Cheap Jerseys Supply
NFL jerseys
cheap jerseys
NFL jerseys 2016
cheap jerseys 2016
Soccer Jerseys
World Cup Jerseys
cheap jerseys From China
cheap jerseys usa
cheap nfl jerseys

Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 22/08/2016 07:32:19    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'ENTRAIDE POUR LES ETUDIANTS EN FAC DE DROIT Index du Forum -> FAC DE DROIT -> tableau d'affichage Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: